Monday, July 19, 2010

Street Style Saturdays (back again)



Street Style Saturdays is one of the few (and to my knowledge only) shows that displays underground talent. This is not the first time that I'm letting you know about SSS but they were on a little hiatus and have since picked back up around three months ago.

These days SSS takes place in Lion's Den and I suggest you join the fb group if you want to know when the next one is. I've been to both shows this year, was featured in the second, and had a time. The enjoyment comes from seeing artistes you've never heard of come with styles you've never seen and still rip the mic. There are some nifty little features that add even more to the experience like a session where they play music emailed in before and ask the crowd to rate as well as the freestyle session with all the artistes present that starts and closes off the show. Good stuff.

As I said previously, I've long since retired my Underground Trini Freestyles segment and I see this as its spiritual successor so I fully endorse it. They put up videos of performances periodically and I'll be posting them here so stay tuned. And check some of the vids that have been released so far. Face out.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.