Thursday, July 24, 2008

Big new Trinidad hip hop show "The Grind" on 99.1



Whaddup mih brethren. I know allyuh must be fed up seeing it but is Da Face again, doh hate. You know what it is when I'm pon de internet. Some new underground sh*t must get buss. The other day about three weeks ago mih boy Matics (as in Chromatics) let me know that he going to start hosting a hip hop show on 99.1fm. In my mind I was like "99 point who" cause on the real...my radio only goes on to listen 96.7 morning show to catch some jones with Blaze and Jason. However, I thought at the time that it would be a good thing for local hip hop and plus he told me that I could send my tracks and what not so I was like I'd give it a little listen. Hoss...

As a person who is not getting paid to say this I'll just let everyone who's reading this right now know that this programme is the best I've heard on Trinidad radio in a long time. And the thing is, you don't even have to be a hip hop head to enjoy the show. The format of the show is accessible with two hosts (Chromatics and some other dude) and they mix (now) quasi-underground artistes like Joe Budden and Saigon (I swear I heard one) with your Lil Waynes and some Nas. Best of all, the guests don't just talk...they freestyle homie. I've listened to it for the last two weeks and both Veta and Make it Hapn handled themselves on the mic. Who knows, maybe I'll get a chance to rip it to shreds too...you never know. In the meantime tune in to 99.1 on a Tuesday from 9pm to 12pm and take in the second best radio programme in Trinidad (yuh know ah still love mih "Morning Show").

You can check out the myspace page here for more information and audio feeds from past shows.

No comments: