Monday, February 7, 2011
Ten Reasons Why Bad Soca Music Is YOUR Fault
1) You convinced Machel that Road March is more important than good music, the opposite of what he learned years ago.
2) You let Iwer George win road march with a song containing a chorus that mentions the word "hand" over 20 times.
3) You let ragga soca aka 'soca with lyrics' die rendering Bunji Garlin a fish out of water.
4) You robbed Destra Garcia at least one soca monarch and two road march titles.
5) You only now realised in 2011 that Benjai is a big artiste.
6) You let Chinese Laundry advantage KMC in years when he had several big tunes.
7) You let Shurwayne Winchester win road march twice with the same song.
8) You disapprove of chutney rum songs but support them under the influence of rum.
9) You support(ed) the trend of half-assed dancehall soca collaborations starting with "Rubber Waist" by Machel and Red Rat (yeah I liked that song but it was half-assed).
10) You let deejays not only control what gets played via the soca mafia but now make a hustle out of we music.