Monday, August 4, 2008

Digicel Rising Star: Erica Win!!!



Yeah folks, is Da Face in the building.

Well I for one certainly didn't expect these results. Special shout out to the Trinidad Express for the pic and the balls to buss the results before last night's episode which was supposed to reveal it; you saved me from having to actually watch the show and I'm grateful. I would have given anything to have seen the look on Erica's face when she actually heard the results and found out that she won; would she have not been suprised? At the end of the finals she looked lost and distant and it was Meda who was donning the swagger of an unofficial winner. I guess people funny that way.

A lot of people that I spoke with after the results weren't really that surprised that Erica won so I guess Meda suffered from the backlash of being the most consistent performer and the disadvantage of not having an interesting enough back story. It really is poetic when someone who was kicked off the show makes it back to win and it certainly looks good on the judges who brought her back. In any event, I want to congratulate both girls on making it this far and doubly congratulate Erica for winning after the end of her long journey. My hope is that both girls can etch out some kind of fulfilling musical career from this good start and pave the way for other upcoming artistes to use this show as a vehicle to stardom. I eh going to say much more on the topic though...Face out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never really followed the show, but the winner seems to best deserve her win. From what I saw her did live @ the summer fest show, for a min I thought she was the MAIN ACT(just kiddin'). I am also looking foward to seeing her back on the screen soon in her video which was also part of the prize. Thanks for the videos last time Da Face dat positive joint is pure fire!!!. I out 1

Unknown said...

I think it's all about exposure. Now Trinidad knows who these girls are and there are going to be opportunities opening up for both of them, not just for Erica.

Yuh have to give a big up to Digicel Rising Stars for at least bringing these girls talent out. Else, would we even know who they were? We really need a vehicle to get our artist talent out there, not just in Trini but internationally as well.

sexxyness said...

comming from the area of sangre grande it was truely a pleasure to see a young woman of humble beginnings rise to such greatness this is truley a blessed opportunity where she can become a great role model to our troubled youths who belive they can not excell in life.

Anonymous said...

I hope the Gov't of the day is paying attention to talent we have here in trini, ah mean ah really don't want to exaggerate but oh gosh! we have talent fo' so and very little emphasis is being focused on it. I hope this "rising star" competition is not where the accolade for local talent stops. I would like to see more talent competions/events be taken up seriously by the gov't and taken to areas around T&T for the purpose of recuiting naturally talented up & coming artise so that they can get a pltform to display their talent. This can be a method of curbing crime in our country becuase a lot of youths like music and the artform. Trust meh youth love music. pay attention culture minister.

Unknown said...

i honestly think that there ws no competition. erica has an amazing voice, and the thing that i find that makesher even better than meda is that she doesn't go to voice trainning. but i hope that people would vote for me next year when i go on the show!! CONGRATULATIONS ERICA and meda!! your'll did well!!

Floor Heating Coral Springs said...

Awesome blog yoou have here