Sunday, May 2, 2010

TIM STARR - Dave Miller Project



Tim Starr is one of the founding members of Spotrushaz. Most of you all would know this pioneering hip hop group Spotrushaz but if not then I yell shame on you and advise you to fire up google and do some research. Okay, I'll spare you, you can get in here but you get my point. There have been a few changes in the lineup of the group as it now comprises of Meet Sauce, XO, BDangerous and Tim Starr but dey still pumping and apparently they are also going Wu Tang style and all releasing solo projects as well (check BDangerous here. And Tim Starr is the next release out.

His upcoming album is called the "Dave Miller Project" and from what I have heard at his show in Ibiza a few weeks ago called "The Prelude", it features an eclectic mix of RnB, hip hop, dancehall and soca anchored by the witty, staccato flow of Tim Starr. It has a lot of guests and from my count I have H2O Flo, Fridge from H2O Flo, Meet Sauce, XO, Make It Hapn, Roxii, Fireball and a few others. From what I heard at the show it should be both an interesting and polished project so look out for that as I will.

What I like most about what Tim Starr is doing though is his use of video blogging as a medium for getting information out to his fans. He teased people by gradually revealing the guests for "The Prelude" and currently is revealing performances from the show and other updates via several video installments on Facebook. So don't sleep people, Tim Starr is coming out in a big way 2010 with the "Dave Miller Project" on the horizon and plenty video content which you can take in here.

Oh yeah, you can check out the newly released video for his single "Trinidad Is Dying" below. Face out.

2 comments:

Wuzdescene said...

I'm wishing big things fuh Tim Starr .... he's a very talented dude!

A Different Perspective said...

Yo this real Hard!!! I love the concept and mentions the real issues, we need more music like this. Big up everyone involved Good Work Tim Starr and Jah Defender