Friday, January 22, 2010

Da Face Top Soca Picks



So now that the soca monarch semi-finalists have been announced and the usual suspects are in and though I'm well aware that no one pays attention to soca monarch no more since it has little bearing on road march or what people actually appreciate, has been accused of questionable winner decisions in the past and can't compete with the better organized fetes that it shares a time-slot with I'm going to just go ahead and name my top soca choices for this current season anyway. Most of what I going to call is not road march ish (I'm saving that for after I attend my first fete for the season tonite) but is what I consider the best.

Big up to all the artistes featured below and good luck with all your collective endeavours. I just want to make it clear that it doesn't mean that because I'm an upcoming trini hip hop artiste that I engage in 'soca-hate' and I love and will always love soca music. So take in the vibez and you can let me know what are your personal favourites. Face out.















2 comments:

Jr. Woodroffe said...

Good choices ,but ya forget Blaxx,

Unknown said...

True. Yuh catch mih there.