Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brendon Starr



I cyah lie but Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame acceptance speech has to be one the most empowering, inspiring and real things I've ever listened to. Yeah he was a bit obnoxious; he called out past opponents and coaches on the various times when they made his life hard and/or doubted him but what's more real than that and also said "there is not 'I' in team but an 'I' in win. Still, his main point was preserved which is, when people try to pull you down, channel it into your success. Feed off that hate yo!

And talking bout success, today I'm featuring a very talented Trinidad rapper here who goes by the name of Brendon Starr. He has a free mixtape up called "The Set-Up" (check it here) which is not only a super-bargain in these recession times for the price of free but a good listen either way. The delivery, flow and heart is there along with his beat selection so trust me when I say you will enjoy this one. Remember the name people, Brendon Starr, and check out that mixtape and spread it right through Trinidad. Face out.

No comments: