Sunday, May 18, 2008

Underground Rap Show in Club Pintz, Trinidad

Yeah folks,
I'm back in this. I'll always be back. Nobody can knock me out this game. I'm not Suge Knight . And the hard part is...de man boast about it too. In the words of JayZ: "Part of me just got to laugh at that".

Anyways, yuh boy was up in the Club Pintz for a rap show hosted by a local rap group called ILS. Now the thing is, even though I bump rap on the regular and my musical style is rap-influenced, I'm still a few light years away from being a hardcore hip hop head and consequently this is the first such show I've ever attended. When I entered the Club Pintz and acquired my beastly cold Carib (allyuh Stag men really eh know) I realized that as a relatively in touch rap fan I only knew about 40% of what the dj was playing. Didn't matter though. The slim crowd was really liking the vibes and even I could predict that tune like "Ante Up" would tear up the crowd.

At the stoke of 12am Chaotix took the stage. I was finding it difficult to hear their actual lyrics clearly and I couldn't figure out if they were at fault, the mic was the issue or the beat was too loud. Either way, they had plenty vibes and the crowd (could this term be used for less than 30?) was lapping it up. They had this one guy who flowing like crazy fast on some kinda Twista kinda shit and he got real forward.



Chaotix performance




Chaotix performance Pt 2 with some Reggae dude


After Chaotix finished their set, ILS got up on the stage. They took a while to warm up and their preamble was so long that at one point I was wondering when they would start. They didn't disappoint when they did though. I really need to get my hands on their album though because I couldn't really hear the lyrics clearly of either group. Anyway it was nice and after this one I may go to a next local hip hop show soon. I hear Highway Records are involved in the organizing of a rap freestyle battle competition sometime in June so Da Face will definitely be there. Da Face out.



ILS performance

No comments: