Saturday, April 19, 2008

Digicel Rising Star

Yeah folks,
Greetings and blessings to all ah allyuh. How allyuh going? Good? I hope so...the price of rice is not what it used to be.

Anyways, on a more uplifting note, I just want to announce that Underground Trini Artiste is going to be covering the Digicel Rising Star competition for the duration of the competition. Through no fault or deliberation on my part I found myself in the Digicel Rising Star auditions on Saturday in Presentation Chaguanas and I must say that I was really loving the vibes there. Now for those who don't know, Digicel Rising Star is uniquely special in that the auditions are held in several locations nationwide (Tobago too...wait...that's nationwide right?) and if 'yuh eh get through', you can enter multiple times. What I experienced when I went to Chaguanas was a deep sense of comradeship shared by hopefuls who didn't make it in Port Of Spain and were trying their luck in Chaguanas and so friendships were forged in the struggle. The funny thing about rising star is that a lot of really good people don't make it the first time; the runner up last year Justin Cross reportedly tried out multiple times before gaining acceptance. I got so caught up in the vibes that I even tried my luck but unfortunately I was one of the good ones that didn't get through (yuh done know). I'm thinking I may roll with this hippie vibes and try out again next week down south because I may meet those wonderful talented people I met last week and with some actual practice this time I may actually make it on the accepted list. Who knows.



Some true underground trini artistes...

Guitar man: 'Ace'
Guy next to him: 'Iziz Machette'
Rapper guy: 'Just Noe'

No comments: